This article will teach you how to connect your Gmail account to LeadSnap which will allow you to send emails from within LeadSnap from your Gmail account. There are two requirements from Google that must be set up in order for LeadSnap to be able send from your Gmail account.
- You must enable 2 Step authentication for your Gmail account.
- You must set up an App Password.
What is an App Password?
An App Password is a 16-digit passcode that gives an app or device permission to access your Google Account. Instead of adding your normal email password to LeadSnap you will instead add the app password.
3. Under “Signing in to Google,” select 2-Step Verification Get started.
Follow the on-screen steps.
Under “Signing in to Google,” select App Passwords. You may need to sign in. If you don’t have this option, it might be because:
- 2-Step Verification is not set up for your account.
- 2-Step Verification is only set up for security keys.
- Your account is through work, school, or another organization.
- You turned on Advanced Protection.
At the bottom, choose Select app and choose the app you using > Select device and choose the device you’re using > Generate.
Follow the instructions to enter the App Password. The App Password is the 16-character code in the yellow bar on your device.