In this tutorial, you will learn how to fill out the form on the Heat Map Search fields menu
The Heat Map Search Fields
To run a heat map search first you are going to need to fill out the little form so the heat map knows how to perform the search.
Let's take these fields one by one so we know exactly how things work.
The search results are performed on a specific Google My Bussines (GMB). The "find by" field is where you define the specific GMB you will be evaluating during the search. There are 4 options for choosing this location.
Google Search - the first and easiest one is Google Search. You can simply type in the name of that was used for the Google My Business and select the from the list of matching results. Unfortunately, this will not work for many business types and you may need to resort to one of the other methods to locate the GMB you would like to evaluate.
Each Google My Business has a unique map URL that can be used to identify it. There are many ways to find this URL, we will show you one that will always work.
- Enter this URL in your browser: https://www.google.com/maps
- Enter the exact name of the Google My Business you would like to evaluate in the top left corner. As you type in this field Google will search it's listed of verified businesses. When you see the name of GMB, select it.
There are a few reasons that you may not see your Google My Business show up on the list. If the GMB was only just verified it may not be listed here yet. If your GMB is not verified, has a status of pending, or suspended it will not show on the list. For those situations, you will need to address those issues before you take advantage of this tool.
After selecting the company you should be on a screen similar to this one:
3. The next step is to click the share button
After clicking the share button Google will open up a little menu with a link to share
4. Click the "Copy Link" button on the popup window seen below:
5. Now that you have this link copied you need to post it into the browser address bar and hit the enter button on your keyboard:
After you hit the enter button Google will immediately redirect to another URL. This is an example of the URL after Google Redirects. This is NOT the Map URL
After a few seconds Google will redirect to a different URL. This one is your Map URL. Below is an example of a valid map URL. Notice it does NOTÂ have the word share at the end of it.
6. Copy the Map URL from address bar of your browser